We've all dealt with test anxiety at one time or another. Symptoms of sweaty palms, lack of focus, and fidgeting are all too common for most of us...if we're lucky. Here are five lesser known symptoms that can stem from test anxiety.
- Panic attacks- Test anxiety has been proven to cause panic attacks in adults as well as children.
- Feelings of helplessness, fear and anger- Taking an important test can cause a great deal of uncertainty in a student. The risks and rewards of test taking have been linked to a person experiencing negative feelings about themselves and others.
- Headache- Stress from test taking can cause serious headaches as well as dizziness.
- Shortness of breath- A person experiencing test anxiety might feel like they can't catch their breath.
- Diarrhea- Stomach pains and digestive irritation has been linked to anxiety over test taking.
The symptoms from test anxiety can be quite nasty to say the least. So, what causes test anxiety and how can we treat it? According to The Anxiety and Depression Association of America, test anxiety frequently affects test takers with a bad test history, people who are poorly prepared and individuals who fear failure and rejection.
Luckily, Method Test Prep is here to help students prepare for their ACT and SAT's. Our team led by Ivy League graduates have spent years perfecting effective teaching methods that have been proven to raise a student's ACT or SAT score. We provide premium web paced programs, live online classes and private tutoring that will fit any budget. We celebrate and recognize that every student is different and learns in a different way. Don't suffer from test anxiety. Contact us today and get started!
Stay ahead of the curve. Receive study tips, test taking strategies, and exam news directly to your inbox.